It’s not a rash, not an allergic reaction from anything, and definitely not pimples. So, what do you think are those small bumps all over face?
Don’t worry. These are just clogged pores, often a result of buildup of excess oil, dead skin cells, debris, skin care products, and pollution. Generally harmless, the good news is you can get rid of it in the most natural ways possible.
5 Ways on How to Remove Small Bumps All Over Face
1. CHECK YOUR SKINCARE PRODUCTS
Clogged pores are often caused by something topical, which means the products you use have an impact on your skin.
Surely, they mean well. Apparently, primer, sunscreen, moisturizer, liquid foundation, facial oils, and any creamy skin care products could lead to small bumps on your face.
Small bumps often appear after two weeks from the time you first used a product. Make sure to pay attention on your skin, its reaction after using a product, and discontinue use in case of any unwanted effects.
2. CLEANSE YOUR SKIN PROPERLY
Using the right products on your skin helps reduce the chances of small bumps on your face.
On the other hand, your cleansing routine after using skincare products matter as well, especially if you used waterproof products.
Any residue left by makeup and sunscreen could contribute to clogged pores; hence small bumps on your face.
What is the proper way to cleanse your face? Try double cleansing. Here’s how to do it:
- Remove all traces of makeup and sunscreen on your face
- Rub an oil-based cleanser on your face and neck
- Rinse your face and neck with lukewarm water or use a damp clean washcloth to wipe off the cleanser on your face
- Do this twice and on the second cleanse, let your face and neck get dried.
3. DON’T FORGET TO EXFOLIATE REGULARLY
One of the easiest and best ways to say goodbye to those small bumps is to exfoliate. Exfoliation not only gets rid of the dead skin cells and excess oil on your face but also improves your skin’s cell renewal rate.
In choosing an exfoliating treatment, make sure you go for products with BHA or salicylic acid.
These two ingredients are oil-soluble, thereby more effective in de-clogging your pores and keeping them clear from the inside out.
4. THE BAKING SODA SCRUB
You know how important exfoliation is in removing those tiny bumps. Store-bought exfoliating treatments may be effective, but if you want to keep it natural, baking soda will surely do the trick.
In fact, baking soda is a deep pore cleanser that allows you to say goodbye to clogged pores in no time while maintaining balance in your skin.
Here’s how to use baking soda on your face:
- Mix one teaspoon of water and two teaspoons of baking soda. Mix well until it forms into paste
- Gently massage the mixture on your face in circular motions
- Let it stay on your skin for five minutes then rinse with lukewarm water
5. LEMON SAVES THE DAY
When it comes to natural treatments, lemon will always be part of the list. The citric acid component exfoliates your skin by getting rid of dirt and oil sleeping soundly in your pores.
To enjoy these benefits:
- Cut a lemon in half
- Rub one-half of the lemon on your face, concentrating on affected areas
- Allow the lemon juice to dry on your skin before washing it off with lukewarm water
Small bumps all over your face are manageable and nothing to worry about. In case you encountered these bumps, all you need to do are:
Check your skincare ingredients to see if there is anything that causes those bumps
Double cleanse and exfoliate regularly
Consider natural treatments such as lemon juice and baking soda paste to get rid of them
What about you? Do you have questions or secrets you want to share to remove these bumps? Make sure to leave a comment below so we can all learn from it.