How To Stop Receding Hairline Without Going To The Doctor
Are you plagued with hair loss and worried that you will go bald in a few months? You are not the only one! According to research, 800,000 people seek hair restoration help each year. The United States alone has over 35 million men who suffer from a receding hairline and are seen asking the dreaded question:
How to stop receding hairline?
It may be problematic for completely bald men, but if you have a receding hairline you can regrow it by following simple yet effective treatment options I am going to discuss in this article.
Firstly, remember that gender often influences method of treatment or regrowth, and women need a different approach to prevent a receding hairline. Plus, it is also a lot less common among women. However, the solutions highlighted in this piece are effective in both cases.
How to know if your hairline is receding. Check if you really have a receding hairline
Before we begin, you have to check if you really do have a receding hairline. Contrary to the popular belief, hair loss is not a sure shot sign of a receding hairline. A loss of around 100 strands a day is not considered much of a loss.
So how do you know if you really need to take some actions? Since I have been through this phase, here are some of the signs I noticed:
- An M-shaped hairline means it is time to do something
- Thinning of your hair on the top of your head is a sure sign as well
Also, if you lose a lot of hair then you should also worry about a receding hairline knocking at your door.
OMG I got it! How to Stop a Receding Hairline
Do not worry if you have this condition as there are several approaches to fix it. In addition to costly medical treatment options like laser treatment, laser comb and the use of medication like Menoxidil, and Rogaine, there are some effective home remedies too that can be of help. And we are going to concentrate on such remedies today.
Even though medical treatments work, we’re going to look at natural remedies in this article. If you’re still unsure why you should go for home remedies for a receding hairline, here are some reasons:
- Affordable: Believe it or not, it will help you save money. Medical treatments can be expensive. Plus, in most cases your insurance will not cover it eithe. So why not try a more affordable option?
- Easy: Who isn’t scared of going to a doctor? These treatment options can be done at home and are not as time consuming as most DIY ideas.
- Natural: This is the biggest benefit! Since we use all natural ingredients, there is no risk of side effects.
Now that we’re ready, let’s have a look at the details
Step 1: Bring Lifestyle Changes
Believe it or not, some simple lifestyle changes can help you a great deal. Here are a few things you need to do to ensure healthy looking hair.
- Don’t Love That Brush Too Much: A number of people tend to brush more often than they need to. While it is true that brushing can help fix your hairline, but overdoing it can backfire. Also, do not brush or comb too aggressively. Avoid combing in a backward direction as such a move may result in hair fall, worsening your situation. It is also recommended that you only brush or comb when your hair is soft and silky so that there is no need to put a lot of pressure.
- Maybe It’s Time to Say Bye to Your Favorite Hairstyle: We understand if you love a ponytail, but if you have a receding hairline, then it is time to bid adieu to it. Make sure never to wear a hairstyle that tightly pulls your hair backwards. Some such styles include buns, weaves and ponytails.
- Take a Look at The Menu: Believe it or not, the diet you consume can also impact your hairline. One of the healthiest meals is fish as it contains Omega 3 fatty acids. These acids prevent testosterone from converting to DHT, resulting in stronger hair. However, it is important that you speak to a doctor before including fish or fish oil in your meal as such a change will impact your testosterone levels, and it may not be advisable in certain cases.
- Buy a New Pillowcase: Your neck is not the only part of your body that is affected by your pillow or pillowcase; your hair loss may also be due to your pillowcase. It is recommended that you use silk or satin pillowcases instead of cotton or flannel as the latter two cause friction which may result in hairloss. On the other hand, silk and satin allow your hair to slide comfortable reducing friction, hence little to no hair loss while you’re asleep.
Step 2: Time to Work A Little
While the above suggested solutions will help you a great deal, it may not be enough if you already have a receding hairline. In such a case you will have to turn to other solutions.
Say bye to hair products containing harmful chemicals and alcohol. Instead buy products specifically made to reduce receding hairlines. There are several shampoos and conditioners available on the market, and while some of them may work… I am going to concentrate on homemade solutions only. So, here is a recipe for a shampoo that will greatly help you.
Baking Soda Shampoo
This is my favorite shampoo because it is very easy to make and gives great results. Here are the ingredients:
Baking soda (1 tablespoon)
Water (1.5 cups, large)
Yes, this is it. You do not need anything else to do. And do not let the ingredient chart misinform you. This one actually works.
Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with 1.5 large cups of water. If you want a thick solution, you can reduce the amount of water to 1 cup. But, refrain from increasing the amount of baking soda. Mix the solution for a few minutes and and your shampoo is ready.
Use it just like you would use your regular shampoo, and massage gently into your scalp.
Wash your hair with regular water like you normally would and then dry your hair. Avoid putting a lot of pressure when doing so.
Use it only twice a week.
Other than this, you can try other home remedies to strengthen your hair and prevent hair loss, which is a major cause of receding hairlines.
- Apply egg (white and yolk mixed) on your hair and make sure it reaches the roots. Keep it as it is for around 30 minutes before you wash your head.
- Wash your hair with beer (flat, room temperature), and leave it for a few minutes before you wash your head.
It is possible to fight your receding hairline, but make sure to start the battle before it is too late. Also, remember that if your case is severe, the only option you may have is medical intervention, so do not delay paying a visit to an expert. And let us know how these ideas worked for you.