Take Advantage of the Magic of Vitamin B12 and Hair Loss Will be Gone for Sure Within Just 3 Months
My hair was never something to be proud of. I always had thin hair. Thanks to my genes! I could never do much with them; the only option I had was to tie them in a Betty-like ponytail. Yet, I was content with that!
But, I slowly started feeling ashamed of them as I began to lose whatever hair I had. It all began 3 years back…The dreaded menopause started eating into my hair! And with this, I made a discovery:
I unearthed the hidden link between vitamin b12 and hair loss!
Before this, I had already tried almost each hair oil available on the shelves. The result? Just piling up of attractive-looking bottles on my dressing table! And my hair? It was just the same and probably getting worse with each passing day. I blamed it on my genes!
These failures led me to a frantic search for a natural remedy and I was so so so surprised to know that my hair loss had nothing to do with my genes.
The real culprit was my menopause and the vitamin B deficiency it has caused
I had found the cause and now was the time to find a remedy to shoot it. I used some homemade recipes using the natural sources of vitamin B and within 3 months, my hair was longer and thicker than ever before!
Today, I am a proud owner of beautiful shiny hair. I shared these recipes with my friends and relative and even they got fantastic results. Some of them were men.
So obviously, their hair loss had nothing to do with menopause, yet they had good results. This strengthened my belief in these recipes and prompted me to share them with the world.
So, let us get into the journey of vitamin B12 and hair loss
WHAT IS VITAMIN B12?
Vitamin B12 is one of the B-complex vitamins. It plays a role in several critical biological processes such as DNA replication, cellular metabolism, and red blood cell formation.
Since cells have to undergo division continuously to produce new hair through a process that involves the production of new DNA, a deficiency of vitamin B12 is bound to cause the hair growth to slow down or stop while your existing hair continues to fall out naturally making you bald over a period of time.
This can be so scary!
Though there are laboratory tests to know the vitamin B levels in your blood, you can also rely on the symptoms of its deficiency.
If you have been experiencing the symptoms given below, it should raise a suspicion about vitamin B12 being a cause of your hair loss
- Lack of energy
- Tingling in the hands and feet
- Mood changes
- Sleep difficulties
- Dry skin
- Drying and cracking at the corner of the mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of vision
If you are going through a menopausal period, you must be familiar with mood swings and hot flushes caused by the hormonal fluctuations. These very hormonal changes are also responsible for the mid-cycle heavy bleeding and irregular menses.
This is bound to increase your risk of B12 deficiency, which in turn, will contribute to hair loss
Besides menopause, many other factors can cause vitamin B12 deficiency. I have noted down some of these below
- Atrophic gastritis, a condition in which your stomach lining is thinned
- Pernicious anemia, a condition that makes it hard for your digestive system to absorb vitamin B12
- Surgery that removes a part of your stomach or intestine, such as a weight loss surgery
- Crohn's disease
- Chronic alcoholism
- Long-term use of gastritis medications that reduce the production of acid in the stomach.
So, the best way to get rid of your vitamin B12 deficiency-linked hair loss is to ensure your body is supplied with enough of this nutrient. I had already searched the list of foods having vitamin B12.
Now, what was left to do is to use these natural sources in permutation and combination to make some delicious and healthy recipes.
Here are some natural sources of vitamin B
- Whole grains
- Sunflower seeds
- Dark-leafy greens
- Beef liver
Share this Infographic On Your Site
After about an year of being a Guinea pig for the recipes using these sources, I have shortlisted a few that work the best and I am glad to share the most effective, self-tested vitamin B for hair loss recipes with you.
Hair loss recipe #1: Scale it up with Salmon
This is the first one I started experimenting with; not just because it is an outstanding source of vitamin B, but also because I love Salmon. Plus, it also contains omega-3 fatty acids, which promote the hair growth, along with several other vitamins and minerals.
All these nutrients work together to stimulate the hair growth and solve your hair problems like baldness, dry hair, split ends, and so on.
To prevent hair loss, eat salmon at least thrice a week. You can eat it smoked or grilled. If you are pressed for time, try this quickie salmon salad:
- 2 large fillets of wild salmon, grilled or poached and chilled
- 2 red onions, chopped fine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dill, finely chopped
- 1/4th tablespoon of pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Step 1: When the salmon is cool, remove its skin and bones
- Step 2: Break it into small chunks and add to a bowl
- Step 3: Add to it red onion, tomatoes, and capers and toss well
- Step 4: Mix olive oil, vinegar, and dill in another bowl and pour this mixture over salmon chunks. Toss again
- Step 5: Sprinkle salt and pepper as per your taste. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy it chilled
This recipe will help treat the female hair loss associated with insulin resistance as well as the male pattern baldness. And yes, it will also help those who are counting calories. Salmon is a great obesity-fighter.
Hair loss recipe #2: Slice up the Avocados
My hair was dry and dull. Obviously, the dryness made them prone to breakages. So, I needed something to condition and strengthen them. The avocado hair mask helped me with both.
I added to it olive oil and honey to up the nutritional quotient of avocados. This combination is extremely useful for conditioning your dull and damaged hair. Avocados will give your hair the much-needed vitamin B12 plus the another popular hair nutrient, vitamin E.
Both of these will work at the cellular level to strengthen and protect your hair. Vitamin E will repair the damaged scalp, and prevent hair loss and greying of hair.
- 1 avocado, ripe, pitted and scooped out
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- Step 1: Add in the avocado, honey, olive oil, and essential oil in a bowl of a stand mixer
- Step 2: Whip on a high to get a smooth paste
- Step 3: Dampen your hair with water. Spread this paste onto the hair
- Step 4: Clip your hair onto the top, and cover your head with a shower cap
- Step 5: Allow the mask to warm up by using a hair dryer for 10 to 15 minutes
- Step 6: Remove the shower cap, and rinse out the mask. Wash your hair and condition as usual
- Important: While applying the hair mask, pay particular attention to the hair ends. Rub the hair mask onto the hair ends a bit for better results.
Hair loss recipe #3: Sow the sunflower seeds for hair growth
Sunflower seeds contain vitamin B12, vitamin B6, and Zinc all of which promote the hair growth. Vitamin B6 has the ability to boost the oxygen supply to the scalp; hence, can enrich the hair roots thus preventing hair fall.
Sunflower seeds are also the best natural sources of copper, which helps in the formation of melanin, a pigment responsible for imparting color to the hair. So, eating sunflower seeds will also take care of your grey hair.
You do not need any recipe here because you can just eat a handful of fresh sunflower seeds every day to encourage a healthy growth of hair.
You can also sprinkle the raw sunflower seeds on steamed vegetables, or a salad, or mix them into any baked dish.
Hair loss recipe #4: Massage with Almond oil
Almond oil contains a healthy combination of vitamin B, vitamin E, Phospholipids, Omega-3 fatty acids, and magnesium.
It can nourish and strengthen your hair. Just a few drops of almond oil are enough to nourish your scalp and add silkiness and shine to your hair.
- Step 1: Wet your hair before applying almond oil as it is absorbed most readily into the wet hair. Brush out the tangles gently using a comb
- Step 2: Place a few drops of almond oil on your palm, and apply it to the scalp massaging gently around the roots using your fingertips
- Step 3: Use a comb to make sure the oil is dispersed evenly on the scalp. Comb the hair from the roots to the tips to make sure the entire hair strands are coated with the oil
- Step 4: Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it for about an hour
- Step 5: Shampoo your hair to wash off the oil. Use shampoo only once. Rinse your hair and pat them dry with a towel
ARE YOU THINKING OF AN EASIER WAY?
If you are looking for something easier, you can opt for vitamin B12 supplements.
Though I would not recommend taking supplements as the primary way of getting enough vitamin B to treat your hair loss.
I definitely understand that some of you may prefer to take them due to various reasons like lack of time to cook.
If you have decided to take a supplement, opt for those that have 2.4 micrograms of vitamin B12
Take the supplement once every day for at least 3 months to achieve noticeable results.
Will this suffice?
Yes, these recipes and supplements will make up for your vitamin B deficiency and allow for a good growth of hair.
But, if you are one of those greedy ones, who want quicker and even better results; then, you will also have to make some changes in your lifestyle. Try to:
- Quit smoking
- Limit your consumption of alcohol
- Practice stress-busting activities like meditation and yoga as stress can contribute greatly to hair loss
- Cut back on blow-drying, gels, and brushing the hair when wet
- Drink enough water, at least 6-8 glasses a day
- Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sound sleep every day
One thing I have clearly understood is my hair, though a part of my external beauty, cannot grow well if it does not get nourishment from the within. This fact just cannot be denied.
I hope the recipes given here for working around the vitamin b12 and hair loss link will end your struggle with hair loss, and enable you to flaunt long and shiny tresses.
These tips helped me and I am sure they will help you as well to look more attractive and desirable with those lovely locks of hair!
Please share this article as much as possible so that a maximum number of people can benefit from the information. If you have enjoyed reading it, share it and leave your comments.