Stress, poor diet, age, nutrient deficiency, hairstyling techniques and improper haircare all contribute to thinning hair.
Whereas the power of many botanical ingredients, such as coconut oil, in repairing damaged scalp and strands have been widely recognized, argan oil shampoo reviews are raving about the power of argan oil to restore hair health.
Best Argan Oil Shampoo Reviews
1. Maple Holistics Argan Oil Shampoo
This product is ideal for you if you have hypersensitive scalp and skin.
The formulation is free from parabens, sulfates, silicones, formaldehyde and gluten – top ingredients that frequently cause irritations and inflammation on sensitive skin types.
What makes this shampoo even better is that it infuses the wonderful light scents of vanilla and honey, leaving your hair so irresistibly fragrant.
Maple Holistics Argan Oil is able to deliver the unadulterated hair health-giving properties of natural argan oil while staying away from toxic, synthetic ingredients that do more harm to your hair than good.
Maple Holistics is also offering this product in exchange for reviews.
- No artifical colors
- Also formulated with other hair health promoting ingredients that include avocado oil, jojoba oil, peach kernel oil, shea, hibiscus, camellia oil,
- silk amino acids, green tea, pomegranate and almond oil
- The product tackles scalp dryness and dandruff
- This product contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, D and E, vitamins which are all essential for healthier hair growth, and better moisturized and protected scalp and strands
- Works best in restoring hair health when used alternatingly with no shampoo days
- Product reviews indicate the product works well for keeping heavily and frequently styled hair healthy and damage free
- Available product reviews do not indicate any reported side effects
2. Active Wow Hair Restoration Premium Shampoo
In this product, the restorative power of argan oil is combined with other hair health giving nutrients that include biotin and botanical keratin.
This product is specially formulated to stimulate growth down to the cellular level necessary to reverse years of damage from washing with harmful chemicals to hairstyling that cause hair to fall out and become brittle.
- This product folds in other ingredients well-known to promote more beautiful tresses such as green tea and pumpkin seed
- This product is formulated with caffeine which is known to support healthier microcirculation, allowing more oxygen to nourish your scalp and strands
- Formulated by haircare professionals and manufactured in the US
- The product aids in enhancing and speeding up hair growth
- Product is not tested on animals
- The formulation is potentially irritating as it contains the sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine disodium laureth sulfosuccinate
- Product requires patch testing to check for adverse reactions before using
- Product use on color treated hair may cause dye to lighten and strip off more easily
3. aVo Organics Agan Oil Shampoo
This product combines 100% pure Moroccan argan oil with avocado oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil,almond oil, camellia seed oil and botanical keratin.
aVo Organics is a company committed to providing only 100 per cent natural ingredients.
It guarantees product is gentle enough for daily use.
- Contains naturally hair nourishing and moisturizing ingredients that include Vitamin A, B1, B2, D and E, as well as essential fatty acids that help restore lost lipids in each hair strand
- Covered by a full product refund policy that allows you to recover your money if you’re not satisfied with the product and the results
- Hair loss following regular use
- Since the product is formulated with Cocamidopropyl betaine (CAPB), which has been elected as the Allergen of the Year in 2004 by the American Contact Dermatitis Society, it is likely that this product will cause irritation on any skin type
- CAPB has also been associated with chemicals that are known carcinogens which, when combined, can produce carcinogenic nitrosamines that are detrimental to the long-term health of users and to the environmental health as well
4. Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals Argan Oil Shampoo Restorative
This product is sulfate-free and is guaranteed safe for use on color-treated hair.
Unlike many botanical products, argan oil comes on top of the ingredients list of this shampoo which guarantees that you’re getting loads of this helpful essential oil and is not just being incorporated in the product at low concentrations.
- Formulated with 100% pure Moroccan argan oil, combined with the hair health restorative properties of almond oil, Vitamin E, carotene and essential fatty acids, all of which soothe inflamed scalp while also promoting better hydrated and better protected hair strands
- The product formulation also contains coconut oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil and almond oil, all well-known to contain fatty acids that deeply nourish scalp and strands
- There is inconclusive evidence on the safety of sodium lauroyl sarcosinate and Behentrimonium methosulfate, both of which are found in this product, for topical application as some claim these may be potentially toxic and carcinogenic
- Some product reviews reported users experiencing irritation
5. ArtNaturals Professional Series Argan Oil Shampoo
Yet another argan oil shampoo that taps the hair health giving nutrients from other botanical ingredients that include aloe vera, rosemary, thyme, white willow bark and burdock root.
This product is complemented with a conditioner.
Together, the shampoo and conditioner leave your hair shiny and full of volume.
All ArtNaturals products are sourced from the best oils around the world and handcrafted for safe and nourishing use.
- Product works by restoring healthy nutrient levels in scalp and hair follicles
- It tackles the frequently cited root cause of hair loss which is Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) with the product being formulated with DHT blockers, such as caffeine, that keep hair vibrant, voluminous and teeming with life
- All ingredients are vegan
- Product is not tested on animals
- Contains ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, also known as Octinoxate, classified as potentially endocrine disrupting by the Environmental Working Group and possibly passed on from mother to child
- Product also contains phenoxyethanol, a common preservative used in personal care products, but that has been pointed out previously by the US Food and Drug Administration to be neurotoxic
What Argan oil Can Do for Your Hair?
Our hair strands are made mostly of proteins, the structure and arrangement of which is what’s responsible for making our tresses appear soft and shiny.
Argan oil supports healthy hair regrowth, protects strands from damage caused by free radicals and UV radiation, and helps keep it looking and feeling healthy.
Argan oil is made from the kernels of the argan tree which are grown in abundance in Morocco.
Its high levels of Vitamin A, Vitamin E and other antioxidants, and oleic and linoleic fatty acids makes it the ideal haircare ingredient to restore hair damage, including those acquired from frequent styling and hair dyeing.
The best argan oil shampoo for hair, therefore, should be able to preserve these natural health-giving properties of argan oil.
How does Argan Oil Boost Your Hair Health?
There are many things you do to your hair everyday that can damage your strands-hair coloring, heat treating and using harsh hair products among which.
Argan oil helps you correct the damage and restore your hair health simply by containing the following ingredients:
- Vitamin A brings back the healthy levels of natural oils in your scalp to keep your strands moisturized
- Vitamin E restores the health of your hair follicles as it soothes inflammation
- Antioxidants protect your strands from damage
- Oleic and Linoleic fatty acids promote better hydrated scalp and strands as it seals in moisture and restores the protective cuticle layer
Why Argan Oil is Better than your Ordinary Shampoo?
Commercial shampoos are often laden with too much alcohol content which diffuses the ingredients that support cleaner, more beautiful hair and scalp. Worse, these more common types of shampoos hurt your hair by breaking past the cuticle and drying up your tresses.
When this happens, your hair ends up looking rough and frizzy. As you use these products regularly, your hair becomes brittle and the damage keeps piling up.
Instead, you should be going for products that deeply penetrate your hair to nourish it inside and out without causing cracks in your hair cuticle.
Studies have shown that argan oil can help restore hair health in many ways. A study published in the Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications
concluded that argan oil helped minimize damage caused by hair dyeing when used as a post-color treatment formula. On its own or in combination with cupuassu butter, the hair health treatment effect remains significant.
What argan oil does, according to the study, is minimize the loss of hair proteins when color treating hair.
What the Best Argan oil Shampoo Reviews can Tell You
With the growing evidence around the efficacy of argan oil to penetrate and deep treat hair, more and more people, both manufacturers and consumers alike, are getting their hands on this trending hair product.
Whether it is coconut oil or argan oil that best treats damaged hair, however, remains highly arguable.
Be very careful if you’re planning to try out what this botanical wonder can do to your hair, however, because not all argan oil shampoos are the same.
Based on the foregoing review, our best argan oil shampoo from this list of five will have to be Maple Holistics Argan Oil.
The formulation clearly addressed the high potential of botanical ingredients to cause irritation and inflammation
It is deliberately rid of toxic, synthetic ingredients
Based on several consumer reviews, it works well for any type of hair, including color treated and frequently styled hair
I hope the above information will help you find the best one for you base on your hair condition plus your purpose and enables you to get rid of your hair problems.
If you have any queries, feel free to drop a comment. I would be glad to share my experience!